How to fix a wobbly chair in 7 steps
A wobbly chair is one of those fixes that is so simple, you’ll wonder why you put it off for so long. Here are the 7 easy steps to follow in fixing your wobbly chair.
- First, knock the loose joint free with a hammer or mallet.
- Remove any old glue from both surfaces of the joint with a utility knife. Use sandpaper or steel wool to smooth out the joint as much as possible.
- Spread wood glue on the surfaces of the joint. Wipe off excess with a rag.
- Drill a pocket screw into the chair parts at an angle for extra reinforcement.
- Clamp the joint.
- Let the glue dry under pressure for 24 hours
- Here is a helpful tip! Wobble spindles on your stairway can be fixed the same ways as the spindles on your chair back.