10 fire safety tips to keep you and your family safe
March is fire prevention month as it is noted that the cases of fire incidents increase during this time. Learn how you can prevent home fire and protect your family with these important fire safety tips.
- Check electrical connections. Replace damage sockets or extension cords
- Check your wiring, avoid “octopus” connection or overloading at all times.
- Unplug items when not in use.
- Keep an eye on your cooking. Never leave an open stove unattended.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Never smoke in bed.
- Have fire extinguisher in your home.
- Store flammable items out of reach of children, away from dried items such as shrubs, dried leaves, paper.
- Clear out dried items like wood, leaves from surroundings; even on roof.
- Have safety escape plans and practice them with your family at least twice a year.